10 Steps to go raw!
1) Learn how to make nut milks.
Almond Milk Recipe:
2) Begin to eat one large salad each day.
3) Drink 1 vegetable juice at least one time per week.
4) Choose one recipe from your favorite raw food book each week. You have to read the recipe first, write down the ingredients and bring the list of ingredients to the store, silly! Pick recipes that are simple and do not require lots of appliances. Check out recipes on YouTube by putting “raw food recipes” or “raw food demos” into the search engine.
5) Get a Spiralizer in order to make yummy pasta dishes or salads very easily. Here is a link to get the Joyce Chen Soladacco Spiralizer:
6) Make a raw soup one time per week. Raw soups are easy to make in the blender or in your VitamiX! Here is a delicious and EASY soup recipe:
Red Hot Tomato Soup
3 large organic heirloom tomatoes
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (soaked) – chopped
1 red bell pepper
4 tsp. cold pressed organic olive oil
1 tsp. grated ginger root
1 Tbsp. chopped chives
1/8 tsp. cayenne
dash of cinnanmon
1/2 cup water (to your desired consistency)
Add all ingredients except water to your food processor or blender. If using a blender, go slowly as you don’t want to over-mix. Add water as the last ingredient to bring the soup to your taste in terms of consistency.
7) Take this list of “Wish List” appliances and begin planning to have them in your kitchen.
Vitamix or BlendTec Blender
These are the very basics and definitely enough to get you started!
8)Make a smoothie for breakfast each morning. Here is an easy base for your smoothies and you can vary them from here:
1 cup blueberries
5-7 almonds (soaked the night before)
1 tsp. spirulina OR chlorella OR blue-green algae
1 cup water
2-3 ice cubes
OPTIONAL: Raw vegan rice protein powder (SunWarrior preferred)
ALSO OPTIONAL: Stevia, cinnanmon, cardamom, vanilla powder, other types of fruit, ground flax seed.
This smoothie will decrease your appetite and will help to decrease your cravings!
9) Get familiar with sea vegetables. Learn how to make a nori wrap of vegetables!
Karen Knowler has a very demonstration of a basis recipe shown below. I also take a nori sheet, a romaine lettuce leaf, slices of avocado, sometimes slices of mango (num nums!) and a bunch of veggies on all of that. When I am done, I just roll it all up and enjoy a quick lunch!
10) Continue to drink enough water (not with your meals!). When you go raw – MAKE SURE YOU STILL DRINK WATER! Begin with a large glass in the morning; this is very powerful! Spring water is the best!
CONTINUE TO EDUCATE YOURSELF! HERE ARE THE BOOKS THAT HAVE WE LOVE:
Alive in Five – Angela Elliot
Rawsome Recipes – Robyn Boyd
12 Steps to Raw Food – Victoria Boutenko
Live Food Factor – Susan Schenck
Raw Food Made Easy – For 1 or 2 people – Jennifer Cornbleet
Ani Phyo’s Raw Food Essentials – Any Phyo
HAVE FUN MOST OF ALL! RAW FOOD MAKES YOU HAPPY! LAUGH IT UP!